Saturday, March 10, 2007

Utarded

Kurt in his natural state....


So Kurt got this brilliant idea to take a "vacation" to Utah during the same time he needed to get some business things done while we were there. The only time we really got to spend together that didn't involve business was during the Parade of Homes in St George and the occasional massage to make up for the false impression of what we were really going to be doing in Utah (Please see illustration above). I speak harshly and maybe I am a little bitter. It wasn't a total waste of my time - I really did enjoy meeting the new partners and their wives. But sadly I have no pictures but the ones taken in the Parade of Homes so I hope you enjoy the few I have to share.

This is the back yard of my favorite home that we saw. I affectionately called it the "Lion House" as that seemed to be the theme. I simply adored the towering pillars that engolfed the back patio and opened into the sunny Pool and BBQ area (vaguely seen on the left). This is, simply put, the perfect home for entertaining even the pickiest of guests as it seemed to include everything one could ask for in leisure activities. The theatre room was one of the best in the whole parade of homes, although it certainly wasn't the largest.

It was common among the homes we saw to see the jacuzzi overflowing into the pool but, as if to keep things ruggedly interesting, the firepit in the middle was a unique trait to this home alone. This is a feature I am so fond of I intend to use it in my custom home. That waterfall was also a nice touch that most wouldn't bother to add that I found aesthetically pleasing.


With so many guest rooms one might think that this house would have no privacy but the floorplans more than made up for the possible plight in design. Here is a view from one of the common areas on the second flor that separated the guest areas from one another. This balcony was beautifully placed as it give one a view of the back patio and outstretched view of the vally. The home itself was placed on a hill overlooking the city and mountains in the distance.

Detail did not escape the designer's attention while creating this masterpiece of a home. The "aged" plaster and wall painting perfectly frames the view through the arched windows giving one a sense that they are in an ancient home in Tuscany. Simple class and elegance saturate this home from original design to accesories.

I don't have many other pitcures of other houses. Sorry. Most of them aren't worth putting on my blog anyway.

No comments: